There is something truly magical about the town of Cedarburg. Stroll its historic streets and discover a place made great by the residents who live there. Artisans, craftsmen, restaurant owners, and many more make Cedarburg the fantastic nearby getaway that it is today. It’s the perfect place to escape the hectic hustle and bustle of nearby cities Milwaukee (20 miles away) and Chicago (100 miles away)! Slow life down a little with a stay at Washington House Inn and experience everything Cedarburg has to offer.
Explore the charming foodie scene in Cedarburg! Add some variety to your getaway with unique local cuisine and specialty selections from excellent dining options at these local restaurants.
- Anvil Pub and Grille is located in a beautiful, historic building that was once a 19th century blacksmith’s shop. Specializing in freshly-baked sandwiches, burgers, salads, seafood, and more, there truly is something for everyone.
- Settlers Inn does it all! A Cafe, Market, and Bakery all in one, they specialize in nutritious home-cooked food and are located in a renovated tavern in downtown Cedarburg.
- Brandywine is family-owned and operated, and uses fresh, “close-to-home” ingredients that make for delicious fare.
- The Stilt House is the perfect place to savor a small plate and craft beer or one of 30 wonderful wines. Cheers!
Bonus Tip: Schwai’s Meat and Sausage Market is a great place to purchase high-quality cuts of meat for your Cedarburg picnic if you’d rather eat on your own and not at a restaurant.
The classic accompaniment to a good meal, delicious drinks, and places to find them, abound in Cedarburg! Check out some of our favorite local watering holes.
- With a relaxed atmosphere and beautiful decor, Cedar Creek Winery is a great date night destination. Romance and wine with wonderful surroundings, there’s no other Cedarburg winery quite like it.
- The Chiselled Grape Winery is a delightful family-owned establishment that serves wine and chocolates in a comfy and down-to-earth setting with lovely outdoor seating for warm days.
- Rebellion Brewing Company is located in the beautiful and historic Cedarburg Mill and is a hidden gem of the town. Opened in 2018 by a trio of home-brewers, it has quickly established itself as a premiere Cedarburg destination!
- Handen Distillery is your perfect destination for high-quality spirits. Specializing in Bourbon and Gin, their liqueurs are some of the best you’ll find anywhere in the surrounding area. They serve cocktails and tasters at their Cedarburg location too. Located just a two-minute walk from the inn, there’s no excuse not to check them out for some delicious drinks!
- The ultimate destination for beer lovers, The Fermentorium has 24 distinct beers on tap as well as a tasting room so you can indulge in the many varieties available. Serving up some great food as well, it’s great for lunch or dinner and has some of the best beer of any Cedarburg brewery!
After the food is gone and the glasses empty, satisfy your sweet tooth with a decadent dessert!
- With Amy’s Candy Kitchen what you see is what you get, and that’s a good thing because you’re going to want to get everything the minute you step into their shop. Featured on a variety of TV programs including ABC, the Food Network, and even Martha Stewart; Amy’s is a one-of-a-kind dessert destination serving candy apples, truffles, chocolates, and so much more!
- The Chocolate Factory is known for their delicious ice cream! Though the vanilla is hard to pass up, try one of their unique flavors like cake batter fudge, cotton candy, or roasted pistachio!
- If you have a craving for fudge, then Ashley’s Confectionery is the place to go! With a variety of old-fashioned candies and delicious homemade fudge, it’s a sweet treat that’s certainly not to be missed.
- For fluffy decadence and fancy flavors head on down to the appropriately named Delicately Delicious for beautifully decorated cakes and cupcakes. Specializing in Wedding Cakes, we highly recommend a visit on Wednesday for their $2 cupcake happy hour from 3-5.
- Boulangerie DuMonde is the bakery of your dreams! They serve traditional French pastries, and you can indulge in rich and creamy Danishes, bread fresh out of the oven, and so much more! It’s worth a visit for the smell alone, an inviting and warm scent that calls back to a simpler time.
The Perfect Place to Stay
With so much packed into our wonderful town, days and nights filled with fun activities can render even the most energetic traveler tired out and in need of a place to relax after a long day. Book your Cedarburg getaway with us here at Washington House Inn and enjoy all the comforts of home. Cozy rooms feature therapeutic showers and soaking tubs for unparalleled relaxation and comfy King and Queen size beds are the perfect nighttime refuge after a busy day in Cedarburg.
Wake up in the morning to a delicious breakfast made from scratch. With fantastic options like our Wisconsin Cheddar Egg Strata, you’ll have all the energy you need to face the day and have fun in downtown.
We hope that all this has encouraged you to come and visit our beautiful town. Our many tastemakers and business owners make Cedarburg the wonderful nearby getaway that it is today, and we sincerely hope you will enjoy it as much as we do, but until then, we hope to see you soon!Book Now