Soak up the sun with a summer vacation in Wisconsin, and cross some items off your bucket list with a wide variety of activities in the area surrounding our Cedarburg, WI inn. We’ve put together this handy guide for all things summer so you can spend less time planning and more time enjoying everything there is to do in Cedarburg. Don’t forget to pack your favorite pair of sunglasses and we’ll hopefully see you out there!
- Bike the famous Ozaukee Interurban Trail and enjoy a relaxing bike ride on over 30 miles of paved trails that connect the various communities in the surrounding area. Leave the car parked safely at the inn and explore the area while you feel the sun on your skin and wind in your hair.
- Celebrate our local farmers and crafters at the Cedarburg Farmer’s Market and browse stalls of the freshest fruits and vegetables along with handcrafted goods and tempting treats like local honey.
- Cedarburg is home to a variety of unique festivals during the summer months, like the Strawberry Festival, that show off the best the area has to offer.
- One of the most well-known is Summer Sounds, a music festival that runs from July 2nd to September 10th. Relax on the lawn and watch the performers strut their stuff with local vendors providing delicious accompaniments and drinks.
- Part of Cedarburg’s rich cultural heritage, our museums offer a look at both the past and present. Step back in time at the Wisconsin Quilt Museum and Cedarburg History Museum and explore what life was like in the area in decades past. It’s only a two-minute walk from the inn and we highly recommend it to guests as it’s an easy fit for summer plans.
- Dedicated to local conservation efforts, Riveredge Nature Center is a 20-minute drive away in Saukville, WI, and is a beautifully restored nature sanctuary with over 10 miles of trails passing through a variety of different biomes. You could easily spend an entire day exploring their 402 acres and spotting all sorts of native wildlife and indigenous plants.
- The advent of summer brings with it warmer temperatures and the perfect opportunity to indulge in delicious food from the area’s many fantastic eateries, all while sitting outside in the fresh air. Make sure and check our comprehensive restaurant list for places that offer outdoor seating.
- Try some of the area’s best wines at two of our favorite wineries, Cedar Creek Winery and Chiselled Grape. Both offer a unique selection of wines and tastings for every kind of palate.
- Thirsty for a great beer? Rebellion Brewery is right around the corner and The Fermentorium is only a 5-minute drive from the inn. Both have excellent selections of craft brews for every taste, including local IPAs, Lagers, Stouts, Sours, and more!
- Get a taste of “The Spirit of Cedarburg” at Handen Distillery and try one of their magnificent cocktails made with award-winning spirits. Cask strength Single Barrel Bourbon, Barrel-Aged Gin, and more make up a respectable selection of some of the best spirits in town.
Where to Stay
Make your summer vacation in Wisconsin a memorable one at Washington House Inn, your home base for exciting summer adventures! Our historic Cedarburg, WI hotel has everything you need for a great stay with comfortable accommodations and luxurious amenities. Return after a long day out and relax in one of our cozy rooms with king and queen beds, fireplaces, and whirlpool tubs for serene relaxation. Wherever your journeys may take you, we hope they produce fun and wonderful memories, and in a place as beautiful as Cedarburg, there will certainly be plenty of opportunities!Book Now