Each room at our Cedarburg Wisconsin Inn is named after a settler. Click the room name below to reveal the history of that local native.

  • Room 102 – Theodore Hartwig

    Dr. Theodore Hartwig, Cedarburg’s first doctor who lived and practiced in the original Washington House.Visit Room...

  • Room 104 – Edward Blank

    Edward Blank, served as the second postmaster of Cedarburg, in 1853.Visit Room...

  • Room 200 – William H. Horn

    William H. Horn, an early innkeeper at the Washington House.Visit Room...

  • Room 201 – F. Jaucke

    E. Jaucke, a Washington House proprietor who built the current building in 1886.Visit Room...

  • Room 203 – Reuben Wells

    Reuben Wells, an early settler who built the saw and grist mill on Cedar Creek.Visit Room...

  • Room 204 – Frederich Roebken

    Frederich Roebken, operator of the Wittenberg Woolen Mill.Visit Room...

  • Room 205 – William Schroeder

    William Schroeder, the first postmaster in Cedarburg and co-partner with Frederich Hilgen in building the Cedarburg grist mill.Visit Room...

  • Room 206 – John Weber

    John Weber, owner of the Cedarburg Brewery.Visit Room...

  • Room 207 – Henry Hentschel

    Henry Hentschel, operated Hentschel & Jochem General Store in the Washington House Country Addition in 1877.Visit Room...

  • Room 208 – Joseph Carley

    Joseph Carley, an early blacksmith in Cedarburg.Visit Room...

  • Room 209 – Leopold Jochem

    Leopold Jochem, operated the general store with Henry Hentschel in 1877.Visit Room...

  • Room 210 – Gerhard Wurthmann

    Gerard Wurthmann, decorator and artist, an early Cedarburg sign painter.Visit Room...

  • Room 211 – C. W. Lehmann

    C.W. Lehmann, operated Lehmann Bros. Hardware Store, now Beyer’s Coast to Coast.Visit Room...

  • Room 213 – Edward H. Janssen

    Edward H. Janssen, built Concordia Grist Mill and Turn Halle in Hamilton, first foreign born state office holder.Visit Room...

  • Room 214 – Hattie Wiesler

    Hattie Wiesler, and her two sisters, were the cooks and bakers for the Wiesler Hotel.Visit Room...

  • Room 216 – John Roth

    John Roth, master carpenter, native of Bavaria, built the first frame building in Cedarburg.Visit Room...

  • Room 218 – Emil Herziger

    Emil Herziger, operated one of Cedarburg’s oldest butcher shops in 1875.Visit Room...

  • Room 222 – Dr. Frederick A. Luening

    Dr. Frederick A. Luening, and his brother built the Grist Mill on Cedar Creek in 1846. Practiced as a doctor from 1843-1846.Visit Room...

  • Room 303 – Diedrich Wittenberg

    Diedrich Wittenburg, builder and operator of the Wittenburg Woolen Mill.Visit Room...

  • Room 304 – Ludwig Groth

    Ludwig Groth, and early landowner who held the plot for what is now downtown Cedarburg.Visit Room...

  • Room 305 – Frederich Hilgen

    Frederich Hilgen, the father and founder of Cedarburg.Visit Room...

  • Room 306 – John Armbruster

    John Armbruster, a Cedarburg jeweler and watchmaker.Visit Room...

  • Room 308 – C. Friederich Boerner

    C Friedrich Boerner, a pioneer farmer.Visit Room...

RESERVATIONS